Insurance & Billing
We would like to thank you in advance for choosing our physicians as your healthcare provider.
In order to make sure your financial arrangements are handled properly, we ask that you review the Tabs below. If you have additional questions or concerns we encourage you to contact our Billing department directly at (713) 774-6161.
Our acceptable means of payment are:
Bank check, personal check, cash or credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express) for added convenience, we also have online bill payment.
- Click here for the online bill payment link.
- We are contracted with some HMO and most PPO health insurance plans, including Medicare Part B.
- Please contact the Billing department if your Medicare Part B plan has been replaced with an HMO/PPO product so that we are able to confirm our participation with your plan.
- Our physicians are not contracted with any IPA groups, such as Kelsey Seybold or Renaissance.
- Medicaid- We are currently contracted with Texas Children's Star and Community Health Choice for pregnant patients only.
Information regarding your WWE or Preventative Exam visit
ACOG (American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist) guidelines regarding STD testing states:
Any patient 26 or older who request at their visit to have STD testing those additional test may fall outside of their WWE benefits. Most payers will apply these tests towards your deductible, co pay and or coinsurance.
Insurance Network Plans
- AARP Medicare Complete HMO through UHC
- Aetna Medicare Premier
- Aetna TRS
- Aetna Whole Health Memorial Accountable Care
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Medicare Value
- Aetna Prime HMO (Medicare)
- Amerivantage Medicare HMO - Only accepted at Memorial Hermann
- BCBS Commercial PPO / POS
- BCBS Medicare
- BCBS HealthSelect
- BCBS HMO Premier - Only accepted at Memorial Hermann
- BCBS HMO Essential
- Beech Street
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Sure Fit - Only accepted at Memorial Hermann
- Cigna City of Houston
- Community Health Choice HIM - Only accepted at Memorial Hermann
- Community Health Choice STAR
- Coventry National First Health
- Group & Pension Administrators (GPA)
- Healthsmart Accel
- Healthsmart PPO
- Humana HMO Gold Plus (Medicare)
- Humana HMO X - Only accepted at Memorial Hermann
- Humana PPO
- Humana TRS
- Imagine Health
- Medicare Part B
- Memorial Hermann Advantage HMO / PPO
- Memorial Hermann Choice
- Memorial Hermann Preferred
- Memorial Hermann Select HMO
- Memorial Hermann Aetna Whole Health Premier Network Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- Private HealthCare Systems (PHCS) PPO
- Texas Childrens STAR Medicaid
- Tricare (Champus) Humana Select E - We do not accept Tricare Prime
- United Healthcare Commercial
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage PPO (Care Improvement Plus)
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
Our Insurance verification department will verify your eligibility and benefits at least two days prior to your appointment with the most current information you have provided to us. Please keep in mind that the eligibility and benefits quoted to us by your insurance company is not a guarantee of payment. It is the patient’s responsibility to make sure their policy is active.
Your co pay, coinsurance, and or deductible amounts will be collected on the day of your visit.
- What is a 'Co-pay'? Generally, this is a set amount of money (by the insurance) that an insured patient pays at each visit.
- What is Co-insurance? Co-insurance is when the insured shares the cost of a medical claim up to a certain amount. For example, many companies offer plans that pay claims at 80%. This means that the patient would pay 20% of the claim.
- What is a Deductible? A deductible is a predetermined amount of money (by the insurance company) that a patient pays out of pocket before the insurance company is responsible for any benefit payments.
Q-I have no insurance. How much will my visit cost and when am I expected to pay?
A- If you call us prior to your visit and let us know why you are coming in, we can ESTIMATE the cost of your visit. We cannot guarantee any fees until after you have had your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of service.
- The fees for obstetrical care include medical care from your first visit after pregnancy is confirmed through your prenatal care, delivery and post partum care. This is called your Global fee. Full payment of your obstetrical care is due by your 24th week of pregnancy.
Lab work, ultrasounds, hospital visits, visits not related to your pregnancy and circumcision are not part of the global fee and are billed separately.
Global fee is a term used to describe how most insurance companies require that we bill for your maternity care. This global fee includes all of your routine prenatal visits; the delivery and a post partum follow up visit.
You will meet with your OB Coordinator at the beginning of your pregnancy that will explain in detail your financial obligations and answer any financial questions or concerns you may have.
- The surgical fee includes the procedure performed by your physician and the assistant surgeon if required. Your post operative care is also included in your surgical fee.
- Your financial portion is due in full before the surgery if performed.
- Your Surgery scheduler will contact you directly and speak with you regarding your scheduling and financial information.