We are seeing patients in the office and virtually!
Southwest Ob Gyn appreciates our patients and the trust you have placed in us to provide you with quality healthcare. Many of our patients have health concerns that require an in office visit to address; as well as our pregnant patients who must be seen regularly. This is why we remain here.
In an effort to ensure your safety and that of our office staff and physicians we have made some scheduling changes.
We have been working to adjust our schedule to make it safer for everyone:
- All visits that can be handled through a Telehealth visit are being changed over to that format
- Pregnancy appointments are continuing as scheduled
- To decrease time in the waiting room, we have switched to vehicle check in; where patients wait in the comfort of their vehicle until their room is ready.
- We have a rigorous cleaning process of exam rooms, common areas and the entire office to prevent the spread of infection
We have moved quickly to implement Telehealth visits as a scheduling option to our patients and providers. If you have questions or concerns that you would like addressed by our provider we can schedule a Telehealth appointment for you. Please be aware that this visit will result in a charge to your insurance company and copay, coinsurance and deductible will apply.
Some examples of Telehealth visits:
- Discussion of birth control options:different types, side effects, benefits and what’s best for you
- Preconception consultation for couples intending to start trying in the near future
- Menopause: what it means and what to expect
- Peri-menopause: what to expect, how to manage it, what women should be doing
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: what it is, why people develop PCOS, how to best manage it if you’re planning a pregnancy, what to do to prevent other complications of PCOS
- Decreased libido (sex drive)
- Painful sex
- Painful or irregular periods
- Review of abnormal lab results and imaging studies
- Hormone replacement therapy counseling
- Medication follow up
- Mastitis for postpartum patients
- Postpartum depression
- Other health topics you want to discuss that may not require an exam
We wish health and safety for you and your family
Here is what you can expect once you call our Call center at CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT: (713) 774-5131
Virtual appointment confirmation.
You are scheduled for a telehealth appointment with Dr. __________ on ________________ at ____________.
Prior to your scheduled visit you will receive a link to complete your registration. Within the pre-visit registration you can upload you valid ID and insurance card. Completing your registration prior to your visit will make this process smoother and quicker.
Please be aware that this visit will result in a charge to your insurance company and copay, coinsurance and deductible will apply.
At the time of your telehealth visit, you will log in from a laptop, computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone. At your appointment time listed above, please click the following link. You will be prompted to enter your name and you will be placed in the provider’s virtual waiting room. Your provider will join shortly thereafter.
*Please note: Your provider may be completing a prior telehealth appointment; they will make every effort to connect to you as quickly as possible
The following message goes out to patients 1 day prior to their regular office visit (not Telehealth Visit)
To ensure your safety and that of our staff, effective immediately we are implementing vehicle check in. You should have already received a link to complete your registration for your upcoming visit; it is extremely important that this be completed. Within the pre-registration you will have the ability to upload your valid ID and insurance card. Once you arrive for your appointment, we respectfully ask that you wait in your vehicle and call our check in line at 713-774-3134. Our front desk staff will complete your registration and accept all payments over the phone. Your nurse will call you on your cell phone when your room is ready. All patients will be screened as they enter the hospital. We ask that you not bring your spouse or other family members to this visit. If you have fever, dry cough, loss of smell or loss of taste or other respiratory illnesses please call our office at 713-774-5131 before coming to your appointment